ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1 (stage element)

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 7 20:02:13 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> This example (copied from elsewhere) also has the
> {environment}/{variable} syntax errors in it.
>
> "The environment sub-element allow you to specify an environment
> variable that will be added to the current environment when processing
> the commands of the stage"
>
> This can actually do much more than just "add" an environment variable,
> as the {environment} page documents quite well. I'm torn between
> suggesting that this text be fixed, or just left out in favor of the
> link to the {environment} page that is already present. If you keep the
> text, it has to be kept up to date with the master description of what
> the element does. If it is removed, then there's no reason no to do the
> same thing to nearly every other page :-(

You mean elem_stageinfo, not stage...

I am torn on examples as well.  I think what I am going to do is leave
most of them like this alone for 3.1.  When I come around for 3.2, I am
going full xincludes on the xml source like the LFS book has done.  This
will provide me the ability to "share" good examples all over the place
and only keep one spot up to date.

James