Questions about nALFS & LFS 5.0 tarball

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 7 15:25:47 PDT 2004

On Mon, 2004-06-07 at 17:12, Roger Merchberger wrote:
> Rumor has it that Thomas Pegg may have mentioned these words:
>
> >You may want to consider using the latest version 5.1.1 which matches
> >LFS 5.1.1.
>
> I'll give it a try... but I couldn't find any wget scripts that would get
> over 1/2 of the schtuff to build a stable LFS, which is why I went with the
> tarball.
In the profile tarball there is a scripts folder that contains a wget
list, used specifically for the profile. It goes in conjunction with the
config_seperate directory for configuring the profile to run.

And the config_tarball directory is used for those that download the
lfs-packages tarball from the website which is available for 5.1.1.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729