quickstart fails

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Jun 7 05:47:21 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:
>
>> Until the User Manual actually contains something useful (and right)
>> wouldn't it be better to exclude it from the tarball?
>

> OK, now I've confused myself... I recently excluded the user's guide
> from the tarballs, but then James made some changes and I added it back,
> but I can't remember why :-(
>
> I just released nALFS-1.2.3, and it has the incomplete user's guide. I
> could still re-spin the tarball without it, if it makes better sense to
> do that (and I'm leaning that way). Thoughts?

IIRC, we left the incomplete UG in there becasue I put the big
adminition on the main index page that it was not complete.  That way
you did not have to mess with tuning it on or off in the bootstrap file
and the reader will know that it is not good and go look at the right place.

As soon as I finish your updates to the syntax doc and fill in all the
blanks in the hackers guide, I plan on spending a good number of
weekends getting the UG in shape.  Hopefully in time to be complete by
the time you get nALFS 1.3 out the door.  I need to do some
brianstorming and wiki-ing to get an outline in place with agreement
from everyone first.

James