ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1 (configure element)

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 5 19:57:11 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

Example #2 includes two {prefix} elements, but they are not referred to
in the text and are not present in the bash script.

Example #4: personally I want to discourage the use of direct embedding
of complete commands into the "command" attribute of {configure} and
{execute}, when the {prefix} and {param} elements are there for a
reason. For this example, I would like to see the PATH=... prefix
removed, or just moved into a {prefix} element so it produces the same
result as example #3 (like the text says and it currently does).