ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 5 19:51:42 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> * Grammar

Here's a grammatical nit that I'd like to get others' opinions on...
it's a big change if we decide it should be changed :-(

Throughout the book there are constructs like this:

"The attribute _base_"
"The packages _gcc_ and _glibc_"
"The element _param_"

I find this to be hard to read, as it's not common English grammar. Even
with the font change for the referenced names (which is somewhat
subtle), it still does not seem to make sense.

I'm not asking for a massive change at this point unless others feel
that it's warranted, but I'd like to see it happen if it could be done
in a reasonable period of time.