DTD Syntax Doc v3.1

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jun 5 12:40:25 PDT 2004

Richard A Downing FBCS wrote:

> James Robertson wrote:
>
>> OK All,
>>
>> Unless anyone else speaks up, I am going to say that I am done on
>> v3.1.  There are few lingering issues in the examples area, but I need
>> to move on to the other docs for nALFS 1.2.3 release.
>>
>> I did not think it was necessary to do a PRE cycle on this or anything
>> as most are not than concerned.  Am I wrong in this thinking?
>>
>> James
>

> Is it impossible to fix the examples?  They are the important teaching
> tool.  I think the main errors are the ones missing the md5sum's and the
> prefix elements in configure.
>
> Otherwise it looks good to go.

Thanks.  I agree about the samples, but I am not good enough at bash
shell scripts to handle them.  That is why I asked for help.  I can
easily dig into the LFS and BLFS profiles that Thomas, Jamie and Joachim
maintain to get DTD samples.  Also, a lot of the samples can be the same
as many of the elements are children to the top level parents.  I was
looking into using xincludes in the next version of the book (v3.2) that
would handle better example support.  Thoughts?

James