ALFS DTD Syntax Doc v3.1

Frans Verstegen InitialFamilyname at swissonline.ch
Tue Jun 1 09:26:02 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:
> OK, If you can't tell by the spam this evening, I went hog wild on the
> doc.  I think it is done.  I need lots more eyes than mine to go over it
> with a fine toothed comb to make sure it looks good and is accurate.
>
> Here is the link to the latest and greatest.  You can also get a bz2
> from the root of my home directory.
>
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~jwrober/ALFS-SYNTAX-DOC/
>
> Things I am most concerned with:
>
> * Typos and spelling mistakes
> * Grammar
> * Consistency with my uses of "see" and "refer to" and other such verbiage.
> * Missing cross-document links to elements.
> * examples - are they good and correct - Thomas, Kevin please help here.
> * All the DTD elements are defined correctly for v3.1.
>
> Bruce - If you have the time, I would love for you to do a quick QA as
> well.
>
> Bugzilla stuff if you see it.
>
> Thanks
> James

Hello,

The example for "stageinfo" has a wrong environment syntax:
<stage name="Install gzip">
         <stageinfo>
                 <root>/mnt/lfs</root>
                 <user>lfs</user>
                 <environment>PATH=/bin:/sbin</environment>
                 <base>/usr/src/gzip.1.2.4a</base>
         </stageinfo>

I think the environment should be coded as:
   <environment name="PATH">/bin:/sbin</environment>