Wrong md5 digest of archive

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jul 22 09:56:55 PDT 2004

Dieter Raith wrote:

> I try to create LFS-5.1.1 with nALFS version 1.2.4 and libxml2 version
> 2.6.11.
> I created nALFS and libxml2 from source. I must admit that there were
> older versions of these, but
> /usr/local/lib and /usr/local/lib/nALFS look good in terms of the
> creation date.

I'm not sure what this means...

> md5sum /mnt/lfs/tools/packages-5.1.1/binutils-2.14.tar.bz2 reports
> 2da8def15d28af3ec6af0982709ae90a
> /mnt/lfs/tools/packages-5.1.1/binutils-2.14.tar.bz2
> which seems exactly what we are looking for.

You need to make sure that you don't have multiple copies of this
tarball in use that might be different. In addition, it would be most
helpful if you would post the actual section of the nALFS log (not the
log entries from the packages directory) so we can see what MD5 sum
nALFS computed on its own, since it says it does not match the one in
the profile.