[RFC] SVN repo reorganization

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 6 20:37:48 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> What about Code?  or Source? Seeing as how that is what it is.

Yeah, I thought about that, but it seemed to generic, especially if
nALFS ends up with multiple code repositories for some reason. As much
as ALFS/nALFS/nALFS/trunk seems a little redundant, it's the best I
could come up with for a subproject that has multiple products, one of
which is named the same as the subproject :-)

The other option is to just do:

ALFS
   +---nALFS
         +---trunk
         +---tags
         +---branches
         +---users_guide
         |      +---trunk
         |      +---tags
         |      +---branches
         +---hackers_guide
                +---trunk
                +---tags
                +---branches

My concern with that arrangement is that it would appear that
ALFS/nALFS/trunk encompasses everything under ALFS/nALFS, when it
doesn't. It also doesn't scale to future separate code projects under
ALFS/nALFS.