[RFC] SVN repo reorganization

Jeroen Coumans jeroen at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jul 6 14:43:33 PDT 2004

Kevin P. Fleming said the following on 06-07-2004 18:48:

> I'm willing to do all this "svn move" stuff at the same time I renamed
> all the tags and branches to use proper names, which I was about to do
> until I thought it out...
>
> One downside to this is any SVN working copies you may have will lose
> their pointer to the parent repo. I believe there's a way to fix this,

"svn move" is a versioned operation, which means that clients can just
update their working copies and all moves will be handled correctly.
Thus no fixing should be necessary. Even locally modifications should be
carried over, although "svn diff" isn't smart enough yet to handle
pre-move modifications (which means that "svn diff" needs the original
location of the file if you want modifications before the move; no big
deal actually and will be fixed in 1.1).

--
Groeten/Greetings,
Jeroen Coumans