"Unpacking" steps in profiles with patches

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 3 19:49:26 PDT 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote:

> Agreed. +1

OK, that's everyone, then I'll start changing the portions of the BLFS
profile that I'm still touching.

Everyone else, just keep this in mind as you edit profiles, to make this
conversion as you do it. The stages would then be:

Unpacking
Patching (which can include search_replace editing)
Installing
Installing bootscript and configuration (for BLFS)
Cleanup

And of course whatever else any particular profile needs. There has been
a request on IRC to split Installing into Building/Installing, but I'm
not sure that would be worth the effort. If you all feel it would be, we
can add it to the list.