pagesize + groff

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 3 10:54:07 PDT 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> I looked in the README of the profile.  If we are going to do this, why
> not put fstab.xml, kernel.xml and grub.xml stuff in there as well?  If
> you decide to go this route, then I would recommend an updated 5.1.1
> profile.

Well, personally I don't want to spend much more time on the 5.x
profiles, as they will soon be "obsolete". If one of the other editors
wants to do that, though, I have no opposition.

Maybe a good project for a volunteer is to go through the unstable
profile and identify every place where we are hardcoding some value that
should be configurable instead. This would be especially valuable for
the BLFS profile, there are a lot more hardcoded settings there.