BLFS profile updates

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Jul 3 08:14:10 PDT 2004

I'm going to merge some of my changes into the BLFS profile, that I want
to see there before it gets released as 5.1. They are:

- eliminate unnecessary patch copying
- clean up stage names (like was done for the LFS profile)
- move user/group creation into separate stages

If I get time, I'll also convert instances where {execute} is being
supplied a complete command into actually using {param}.

I also have concerns about only unpacking the bootscripts tarball once,
and then using it throughout the profile... in my personal version, I
actually unpacked and removed it each time it was needed, but that seems
excessive :-) The way the profile is built now, people will just need to
ensure they run the last steps to get the unpacked copy cleaned up, but
that's not a big deal.