useradd lfs

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Fri Jul 2 06:24:43 PDT 2004

Thomas Beneke wrote on 02 July 2004 14:09
> Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
>
>> Thomas Beneke wrote:
>>
>>> Comment: I can't find a "groupdel lfs" .
>>

>> I didn't say that the profile _removed_ the lfs user/group when it was
>> done, just that it checked to see if they existed before trying to add
>> them again. Is there some particular reason why you need to have the
>> "lfs" user/group removed between profile runs? Hi Kevin,
>
> I got the following message:
>
> ?I: Executing in /source/lfs:
>
> ?I:     cp zlib-1.2.1.tar.gz /lfs/tools/packages-CVS-20040616
>
> ?I: Executing system command in /:
>
> ?I:     groupadd lfs
>
> ?-: groupadd: group lfs exists
>                                                     ?E: Execution failed
> (9).
>
> ?I: Total time executing: 00:00:00

The profile definitely uses a 'groupadd lfs' and my understanding is that
unless you use the -f option it should just carry on. Maybe groupadd is
returning a non-zero exit code to the <execute> element and nALFS is
interpreting this as an error? I don't have my linux box here so I can't
check but if nothing else materialises by the time I get home I'll look
into it more.

> Regards,
> Thomas

	--	Jamie