a revision of profile README

Dasn dasn at users.sf.net
Sat Jan 31 16:25:16 PST 2004

On Sat, Jan 31, 2004 at 03:04:50AM -0500, manchot wrote:
> hi,
>
> I ventured to revise the profile README file into the following content
> in the hope that it is approachable for newbies (including myself). The
> reason I do this is that I feel the original README is a bit hazy in the
> part of the configuration file and I wasted lot of time trying to grap
> separate packages while I already have the tarball.

I think that the README file in the root of nALFS source tree should be
revised. The following section I quoted from that file:

[quote]

2. Quick start
==============

To configure, compile, install and run nALFS, just type:

./configure
make
make install
nALFS profile/LFS-*/LFS-*.xml

This will start nALFS using the latest stable LFS profile, which is included
in the nALFS distribution. When you enter the program, type '?' for a list of
all available commands.

[quote]

It doesn't work, unless you create a link to the right profile directory.
That was the point where I wasted a lot of time. I think the command
"less profile/LFS-*/README" should be added to "Quick start" section.