a revision of profile README
amoyamour at fastmail.fm
Sat Jan 31 00:04:50 PST 2004
I ventured to revise the profile README file into the following content
in the hope that it is approachable for newbies (including myself). The
reason I do this is that I feel the original README is a bit hazy in the
part of the configuration file and I wasted lot of time trying to grap
separate packages while I already have the tarball.
No offence to the developer and I am not sure whether my revision is
approachable or just does the opposite. Anyway, the file is in the
This profile must be used with nALFS 1.1.8 or later.
To use the profile you should:
- create a symbolic link to config_seperate, if you are to download
files separately by wget script.
- create a symbolic link to config_tarball, if you have the lfs-package
tarball (currently only applies to LFS-5.0).
- customize the files in the configuration directory
- the file general.ent contains a bunch of entity declarations
- the file fstab.xml contains the command to generate the fstab file
- the file kernel.xml contains the profile for building the kernel
- the file grub.xml contains the commands for configuring grub
(the files above are commented out by default)
- the file keymap.xml is used to set up the default keymap
- execute sh ./runit as root. Please note that if you have installed
nALFS into a non-standard location (/usr/local/bin) then you may need
to edit runit to point to your local copy.
More information about the alfs-discuss