<remove> DTD proposal

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Jan 29 07:38:39 PST 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

>   Looking deeper into this I question the need for <base>
> in <unpack> and <download>. Both of these tags have
> <destination> which can be used instead of <base> IMO, or
> am I missing something here?

I think in this case it would help to make all the elements work
consistently, i.e. in syntax version 3.2 we would remove support for
<destination> entirely from <download> and <unpack> and let them support
<base> instead. This allows users to have multiple downloads/unpacks in
the same stage and not have to specify the target path repeatedly in
each download/unpack element.

I know this is a more radical change than the Bugzilla entry was asking
for, but I think it makes sense.