nALFS 1.2.1 error: No configuration file to read

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 04:16:18 PST 2004

Charles Brands wrote on 28 January 2004 12:54:

> I recently installed nALFS 1.2.1 on my Slackware 9.1 box.
> I tried to run nALFS with the following command
> nALFS profile/LFS-5.0-3/LFS-5.0.xml
>
> nALFS replied with
>
> No configuration file to read (/root/ .nALFSrc)
>
> What am I doing wrong?
> Thanks
> Charles

You need to have a .nALFSrc in your home directory. In this case
you were running nALFS as user root so it is looking in the /root
directory.

An example of the .nALFSrc file can be found in the /docs directory
of your nALFS source tarball (docs/nALFSrc). Copy this to your home
directory as .nALFSrc and make any ammendments that you need to it
(although the defaults are pretty good).

Jamie Bennett	-	jamie at linuxfromscratch dot org