[RFC] Should the official profile continue using "-l" to suppress status window logging?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Jan 25 07:48:21 PST 2004

The official profile, derived from Dave Wheeler's original, has the
following line in the runit script:

/usr/local/bin/nALFS -l -L nALFS.log LFS.XML

This causes all logging to go to a file named nALFS.log, but suppresses
status window logging, so this file ends up not existing. I find this
not very useful, as when problems occur I like to be able to refer to
that log file. I also think that when new users are trying this out and
they run into trouble, being able to extract the relevant portion of the
log file to send to this list would be valuable.

Anyone have a reason _not_ to change this behavior back to the default?