nALFS & make -j

uriah uriah-lfs at tempestnetworks.net
Thu Jan 15 13:00:28 PST 2004

Hi!

Must apologize up front as I have never bothered to look at XML befor, but I
decided that the profile that came with nALFS-1.2.1 needed the following
change made to it.

	http://www.freewebs.com/uriah/lfs-smp.patch.bz2

Apply this file to within nALFS-1.2.1/profile/LFS/, edit the value of
&cc_parallel in general.ent, and the parallel compiling hint should do the
rest.  I must admit though, my machine is still chugging away so I am not 100%
sure that I broke nothing, but I think that I followed the  hint to the
letter.

By the way I added it, if you leave &cc_parallel blank, ALFS will behave
normaly.

-uriah