new LFS-5.0 tarball ready and uploaded

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Jan 14 22:39:22 PST 2004

Thomas Pegg wrote:
> I have created and uploaded the LFS-5.0 and was able to update the
> stable symlink, but I have no idea what to write for the website, got
> any ideas Kevin????

Well, I usually start by listing the important improvements: in this
case, the most important one seems to be that the configuration is much
simpler for tarball vs. individual packages. I'd say that's good enough,
the news item doesn't have to be long, and Jeroen will usually
(helpfully) expand on what you write if he feels its warranted.

Oh, did you know you needed to chgrp the tarball to the "lfswww" group?
I don't have my ssh access working at the moment so I can't check.