setting up the default keymap in chapter06/configure.xml

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Jan 13 10:43:55 PST 2004

This applies to both the 5.0 and CVS profiles, currently we do two
things regarding the keymap set the symlink and also compile it into the
kernel, from what I read in the LFS book these steps are completely
optional, I can see where the symlink is useful for those that use a
keyboard different than the standard us keyboard, but is it necessary to
force the keymap to be compiled into the kernel. I think maybe it should
be commented out, and a note put there and in the README to say that if
you wish to compile the keymap into the kernel then uncomment this
section.

What do you guys think?

--
Thomas