Stripping Extensions with bash

Michael Kipper mkipper at rogers.com
Fri Jan 9 08:16:43 PST 2004

Hi,

I use my LFS system to host MythTV (http://www.mythtv.org), a PVR program.
So, my LFS box is connected to my TV, which makes it hard to use. I use
nALFS with the stable 5.0 profile to completely build the LFS system, then
use a bash script to build samba and SSH. Then I can build the rest of my
BLFS software, as well as MythTV from my main computer over SSH. I find this
useful because the BLFS cvs profiles are very iffy; that is, they fail often
if they can't find dependencies, MD5 sums don't match, or can't find files.

I want to start a collection of bash scripts to build BLFS. If someone has
started this already, maybe we can collaborate on finishing, as I only have
a few scripts...

-mk