Trying to use xmllint on a profile

Thomas Pegg thomasp at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 29 13:24:33 PST 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-29 at 15:20, Dermot Bradley wrote:
> I'm trying to use xmllint to vet a working profile I have. I'm calling it
> as follows:
>
>    xmllint --debug --noent --xinclude --postvalid --valid build-eyes.xml
>
> and the file build-eyes.xml contains:
>
>    <?xml version="1.0?>
>    <!DOCTYPE alfs SYSTEM="ALFS.dtd" []>
>
>    <alfs version="3.1" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
>
>    <xi:include href="base.xml"/>
>
>    <xi:include href="eyes.xml"/>
>
>    <xi:include href="finish.xml"/>
>    <xi:include href="initrd.xml"/>
>
>    </alfs>
>
> When I run the above xmllint command I get:
>
> build-eyes.xml:4: element alfs: validity error : No declaration for
> attribute xmlns:xi of element alfs
> <alfs version="3.1" xmlns:xi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XInclude">
>                                                               ^
> build-eyes.xml:6: element include: validity error : No declaration for
> attribute href of element include
> <xi:include href="base.xml"/>
>
> Any suggestions?
It's an issue with using xincludes with the ALFS DTD, since the DTD does
not have the things to use xincludes defined within it. If that is all
your seeing from the output then the profile is more than likely valid,
just be aware that you may see this quite often when using xincludes.

--
Thomas
LFS User : 4729