suggestion

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 27 17:43:55 PST 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> AFAIK, you need at least a XSL file to view a "raw" XML file on a
> browser. When you access a file without a XSL style associated with it (e.g.
> http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/feed.rss), you see only a plain XML
> file.

Right, that's what I was referring to earlier. Viewing a raw XML file
with Mozilla or IE allows you to at least see the tree structure and
navigate your way through it. It's not pretty, but it works.

> Generally, a XSL file is associated with a XML file using a line like
>
> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="nalfs_log.xsl"?>

OK, so it seems that it will be necessary to give people the ability to
specify the path to their XSL file, if they have one, so that it can be
embedded into the XML log file. I will file that away as something to
add when I get back into reworking the log file code.