suggestion

Anderson Lizardo lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 27 13:45:08 PST 2004

On Sex, 27 Fev 2004 12:46:01 -0700, Kevin P. Fleming wrote:
> Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>
> >And with XSL and a nice CSS stylesheet, it will be possible to navigate
> >remotely through the logs using a web browser. The possibilities are
> >endless.
>
> In that situation, would the log files need any sort of header added to
> them to get the right CSS used or anything like that? As it stands right
> now they have only the <?xml version="1.0">-type thing at the top, but I
> could certainly add an nALFS option to allow the user to specify a blob
> of XML to be put at the beginning of each log file.

AFAIK, you need at least a XSL file to view a "raw" XML file on a
browser. When you access a file without a XSL style associated with it (e.g.
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/lfs/feed.rss), you see only a plain XML
file.

Generally, a XSL file is associated with a XML file using a line like

<?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="nalfs_log.xsl"?>

The CSS will be referenced inside the xsl file, not the XML.

Anyway, to add such line, first someone needs to write the XSL file.

Probably Matthew can give more details here :)
--
Anderson Lizardo
lizardo at linuxfromscratch.org
http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/