suggestion

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 27 11:46:01 PST 2004

Anderson Lizardo wrote:

> And with XSL and a nice CSS stylesheet, it will be possible to navigate
> remotely through the logs using a web browser. The possibilities are
> endless.

I had never even thought of that, but of course that's true. I was
thinking of using a web browser locally, since most of them display raw
XML in an adequate fashion... but I could see the benefits of having the
nALFS log directory exposed via a web server and being able to remotely
view the log files.

In that situation, would the log files need any sort of header added to
them to get the right CSS used or anything like that? As it stands right
now they have only the <?xml version="1.0">-type thing at the top, but I
could certainly add an nALFS option to allow the user to specify a blob
of XML to be put at the beginning of each log file.