suggestion

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Fri Feb 27 08:55:24 PST 2004

David Barron wrote:

> I apologize if this has been suggested before.
> Perhaps nALFS could keep a database of individual packages that it installs, (in a local xml file?).  This way, during later installs if it encounters a package that has already been installed it could prompt the user to either go ahead and do the install or skip it.  Perhaps the version and date of the install could be included in the database.
>
> Let the trashing begin.  :)

We're way ahead of you :-) Look back in the list archives for a couple
of weeks ago when I was discussing completely rebuilding the package
logging files. When done, all the information you asked about will be
present, in an easily parseable XML file (including the captured output
from each build step of the package).