[RFC] nALFS profile parsing changes

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sun Feb 15 14:47:12 PST 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> That sounds great.  Question: Does xmllint have an API we can take
> advantage of?  If so, how hard is it to go ahead and add the code to
> spit out what xmllint would in your example above?

Not really, no. However xmllint is itself a pretty simple program, it
would not be hard to duplicate the relevant parts of it into nALFS.

The biggest problem, though, is that the code that finds the semantic
errors runs after _all_ parsing is complete; the original XML (before
entity substitution, whitespace-munging, etc.) is gone by then.