[RFC] nALFS package log files

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Wed Feb 11 06:22:25 PST 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> I presume this is a typo or can a <package_run> really start with a
> <end status="success">X+55</end> ? Otherwise I can't fault it.

Nope, not a typo. Any parser of these future log files will need to
parse all the children of a <package_run> element before searching for
the <start> and <end> markers. To do otherwise presumes that the
elements will be written out in chronological order, and I don't see a
way to enforce that without hand-crafting the XML in nALFS, which would
not be a wise idea.