Truly automatic BLFS

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Wed Feb 11 05:35:41 PST 2004

DJ Lucas wrote on 11 February 2004 01:40
> I've not dug in deep enough yet to find where, and in what tags, to put
> the download locations for automatic download if the file
> does not exist.  Guess I need to read a little more.

The current way is to put the download location in the packages.ent file
along with the packages other information such as name and version.

e.g.

	<!ENTITY autoconf-version 	"2.59">
	<!ENTITY autoconf-package
"autoconf-&autoconf-version;.tar.bz2">
	<!ENTITY autoconf-directory 	"autoconf-&autoconf-version;">
	<!ENTITY autoconf-download
"ftp://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/autoconf/&autoconf-package;">
	<!ENTITY autoconf-md5 		"1ee40f7a676b3cfdc0e3f7cd81551b5f">

If the file to download is an archive you can use <reference> in <unpack>
or if its a non-compressed file you must use <download>.

--
Jamie Bennett	-	jamie at linuxfromscratch dot org