nALFS 1.3 plans

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 10 17:49:10 PST 2004

I am saying now that version 1.3 is not going to be ready in just a
couple of weeks as I originally thought. The deeper I get into the
logging code in nALFS (required for properly handling package
conditionals) the more I am thinking it needs some serious work. Neven
was working on this, but it's not in a really usable state.

I am going to make this my next project, and because it will be some
significant changes that means there will need to be more testing time
once the -pre/-rc versions start to be made available.

James, this means you have at least a few more weeks to work on docs, so
enjoy :-)