chapter 06 - Creating and mounting directories

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Mon Feb 9 17:18:27 PST 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

> I'm in the process of updating the current LFS profile and looking
> through the current book I can see that the $LFS/proc and $LFS/dev/pts
> directories get created twice, once in  'mounting the proc and devpts
> file systems' and once in 'creating directories'. Am I missing something
> here or is this an error?

Did you mean to post this to lfs-dev? I think that part of the CVS book
profile is in a state of transition; you'll note that util-linux was
removed from ch5 (still under debate), and as such all mounting of
filesystems has to be done before ch6 starts (can't be done inside the
chroot until after util-linux has been built).

I suspect what you are seeing will be fixed shortly, but the editors
should be made aware of it.