naLFS crash...

Jamie Bennett jamie_bennett at pcpmicro.co.uk
Mon Feb 9 02:18:03 PST 2004

Sébastien Maerten wrote on 09 February 2004 10:42
> Hello,
>
> I'm running nALFS to make some tests with glibc and binutils on ppc
>
> Working on powerpc-unknown-linux-gnu, nALFS build using LFS-5.1-pre1.
> Running kernel 2.6.2-ben1 (really minimal kernel) nALFS exits as soon as
> I try to run the profile. It gives this message:
>
> socketpair() failed: Function not implemented
> Errot in src/comm.c, line 431. Program version is 1.2.1.
>
> I've not this problem running my traditional 2.4 kernel, neither with
> not-so-minimal 2.6 . Is there a dependency of nALFS to kernel
> functionality ?

int socketpair(int d, int type, int protocol, int sv[2]); is indeed
in the kernel, specifically under sys/socket.h. It looks like your
minimal kernel doesn't support socketpair() so you either need a new
kernel that does support it or implement it in your kernel yourself.

Jamie Bennett	-	jamie at linuxfromscratch dot org