Preparing for nALFS 1.3 release

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 7 19:26:39 PST 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> great.  That will help me a lot.  This first pass is pretty big.  I
> would like to hold off on v1.3.x as long as you guys can so we can get a
> really good set of docs in there.  By docs I mean the DTD syntax doc and
> the hackers guide.  The users guide will come next.

Sounds like a good plan. I just committed some more changes for syntax
3.2, although they're not fully implemented yet but they will be before
I get to sleep tonight :-)

I'll think about <switch>/<case> some more... it seems like a good idea
to me. The real issue would be how to provide values to <switch>, should
they just be fixed content as in <switch>foo</switch>, or do we need
more elements that can provide (for example) the output of a command
(think bash backquotes here).