Preparing for nALFS 1.3 release

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 7 16:06:17 PST 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> The other stuff looks fine to me.  Do we have a roadmap of what 2.0 will
> look like?  With there be a 3.3 DTD for that?

I guess I should have elaborated on that a bit :-) The things I have
been thinking about that would warrant a 2.0 release are:

- automatic dependency/build order generation (so nALFS can just be
given a list of profile files to load and generate the build order on
its own)

- complete "install monitoring" so the package logs can be accurate
without requiring extensive filesystem scanning