Preparing for nALFS 1.3 release
Kevin P. Fleming
kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 7 09:42:43 PST 2004
With the changes that have been made recently and will be finished in
the next week or two, I'm considering readying a 1.3 release of nALFS.
At this point, the changes are:
- DTD syntax 3.2 for <patch>, <remove>, <download> and <unpack>
- bug fix for static building with unusual ncurses installation
- DTD syntax 3.1 for <if>/<then>/<else>
- DTD syntax 3.2 for <if>/<then>/<else>/<and>/<or>/<not>
The additional Bugzilla entries I'd like to address for 1.3 would be:
#636 - extending search_replace (which most likely will be done by
incorporation the use of PCRE or regex libraries to eliminate the
parsing code in nALFS)
#641 - adding a config file option to specify the shell to be used for
#696 - template handler
#645 - <shell> element inside <execute>, to support script blobs in a
The DTD will be up-to-date with these changes, and will be released as
version 3.2 at the same time as nALFS 1.3 is released.
Questions for the community:
- are there other Bugzilla entries that you feel are important enough to
hold off on a 1.3 release?
- conversely, are there DTD changes you'd like to see incorporated into
version 3.2 so they don't cause another DTD change in the near future?
- (James specifically) what does your schedule look like for the next
week or three regarding updating the syntax doc to match the CVS DTD?
More information about the alfs-discuss