<environment> in 3.1 DTD

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Feb 7 07:19:34 PST 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> OK.  How do I put that in DTD form?  How about this?
>
> <!ELEMENT environment    (variable+)>
> <!ATTLIST environment
>           mode           ((append | prepend)?)>

Unfortunately all I know about DTD syntax is what I've learned from
working on the ALFS DTD :-) I don't know whether attributes can be
specified like that or not. If they can be that would be useful, there
are other places in the DTD where we leave things open ended and it
would be nice to be more specific about what's allowed. For example, it
would be nice to be able to specify exactly what strings are allowed in
<option> instead of just accepting anything.