ALFS Limited to LFS Only?

Alex Potter spambin at apcuk.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 5 08:13:29 PST 2004

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:58:37 -0600, James Robertson thusly spake in
<40225A1D.3080809 at linuxfromscratch.org>:

> You should probably use XSLT.  Also, the LFS Book is working on a new
> XML style to make parsing out the data needed for nALFS profiles easier
> with XSLT which may negate your work.  I would not want you to spend a
> ton of hours working on something that may be no good.

Is the new XML going to be used for BLFS too?

> There is also lfscmd which parses the data out now and makes shell
> scripts.  Those might be easier to parse to nALFS profiles than pulling
> from the XML source.

I'd seen mention of lfscmd, but never managed to find it.  Does it work on
BLFS? Do you have a link for it?

> Just some thoughts.

Thanks James. I certainly don't want to waste time on something that would
be of no use to the community...maybe its time to have a look at XSLT?

--
Alex Potter

The email address above is a spamtrap.
Please reply to alexp -at- apcuk -dot- dyndns -dot- org