ALFS Limited to LFS Only?

Alex Potter spambin at apcuk.dyndns.org
Thu Feb 5 02:42:31 PST 2004

On Thu, 05 Feb 2004 08:20:33 +0000, Jamie Bennett thusly spake in
<2130109F889CD5119FAD0050BA6F2D6B1C5E94 at SERVER>:

> If you could pull that off then of course we would be interested. How
> are you trying to accomplish this?

Only just begun to look at the problem.

The generation of the package profiles appears quite straightforward - all
the necessary information is contained in the entity declarations in the
BLFS sources on a per-package basis, which in turn point to the files that
need to be parsed for that package. If I understood XSLT, then it would be
even easier to convert the XML into a profile....as it is, I'm using Java
- its nearly 20 years since I did any C programming and those skills are
somewhat rusty.

I am aware that there are some packages which are not named according to
the apparent convention 'name-version.tar.bz2/gz/tgz', but IIRC they are
few in number and can be marked as exceptions and processed accordingly.

Regards
--
Alex Potter

The email address above is a spamtrap.
Please reply to alexp -at- apcuk -dot- dyndns -dot- org