ALFS Limited to LFS Only?

Kevin P. Fleming kpfleming at linuxfromscratch.org
Tue Feb 3 17:29:21 PST 2004

James Robertson wrote:

> nALFS does not do a good job (yet) of dependency control.  This is an
> active enhancement request that is "in the works".  I think that Kevin
> has been "thinking" on this topic for a bit.  It is going to require
> some changes to nALFS code as well as the DTD to make it work right.
> This stuff is not easy.

Yep, it's been noodling around in my subconcious for a few weeks now. I
think we can accomplish a lot without even having to change the DTD, the
<package> element already supports much of what I want to do.

I suspect it will be at least a few weeks more before I start playing
with this, and maybe longer. I believe it's probably version 2.0
material, and as such there's quite a bit more than can be done before
then to improve nALFS.