runit script

Joachim Beckers joachim.beckersNOSPAM at belgacom.net
Sun Feb 1 12:18:07 PST 2004

hi,

currently, the recommanded way to run nALFS, is by running the runit script that
is in the profile's directory

to me, this seems to be a good way for a lot of reasons, like:
- it's simple
- it eliminates typos by users (like trying to run nalfs instead of nALFS)
- it enables logging by default
- etc

however, i think this script should be renamed, the reason for that being that
there's already another program that's called runit (see http://smarden.org/runit/)

when someone has runit installed, it might be confusing that the script to run
nALFS has the same name

what do you guys think? should this script be renamed?
what name should it get then?

regards

joachim beckers