BLFS profile status

Joachim Beckers jbeckers at linuxfromscratch.org
Thu Dec 30 13:04:13 PST 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> I know that Thomas is working towards that with the help of Joachim, but
> yes, their time and resources seems to be limited.  We could definitely
> use some more manpower there, under Thomas' direction.  Any suggestions?

We could use some help yes, although I think the biggest parts of the
BLFS-profile are in place. I had even started a (quite succesfull)
testbuild, but I ran out of diskspace and I had to remove my
LFS-partition. The biggest problems we still have are IMO:
- no support for dependency-checking in nALFS (but that's something we
can't change)
- a lack of configurability in the profile
- outdated packages

The last problem can be tackled very easyly, but it takes a lot of work.
The second one needs to be looked at and thougt about. I would make that
a feature for the next release of the profile (BLFS-profile-6.x, or
maybe BLFS-profile-6.0-1). We'll see.

regards

Joachim Beckers