Function spliting between front and back

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Wed Dec 22 13:11:08 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 02:44:10PM -0500, Jeremy Huntwork wrote:
>Hui,
>
>There's already been some documenting on decisions that were reached
>earlier concerning this.  Consult the Wiki in the ALFS section.

I have browsed through the wiki and knew what's in there. There is not
much reasons in there and not much discussions in there. I have been
following this list for at least a year and can't recall any thorough
discussion on these (they probably happened in IRC) and many if not
most of the points are made based on the nALFS codebase.

I for one, am not clear what is the guiding priciples behind those
wiki bits and all the contents in the wiki is not enough to plot nALFS
yet. Do you guys like to talk it more here?

First question: what's the function of frontend and what's the
function of backend?

--
Hui Zhou