language choice of alfs

Boris Buegling boris at icculus.org
Sun Dec 19 11:42:12 PST 2004

Hey,

On 19.12.2004, Jeremy Huntwork created this extraordinary piece of modern literature:
>better choice, though I know there were comments made here and there. I
>don't want to have the language decision based on personal preference,
>but on what is best for alfs.

I don't want to sound rude, but as far as I know, we have two coders
right now, Jamie Bennett and myself, and we both agreed on using C, so
did you. If the other people making suggestions do not actually want to
take part in development, they shouldn't have a say on what language it
will be written in. It is important that the actual coders feel
comfortable with the language that is used, not the users. If the
decision will be against C, I will not be able to participate in coding
the new tool.

Regards,
--
Boris Buegling <boris at icculus.org>

"Die Amis haben schon alles zusammen was man für einen Krieg braucht, fehlt
nur noch der Feind."
		-- Erik Tews