language choice of alfs

Hui Zhou zhouhui at wam.umd.edu
Sat Dec 18 20:57:03 PST 2004

I know there is a decision earlier that the new alfs tool will be
coded in C. I have been quite seriously learning, thinking, studying
programming languages for a recent a few months, and would like to
throw in my 2 cents before a code base forms.

IMHO, C is the worst choice for the job. ATM, I recommend python.
I will not layout the arguments here since there are plenty given by
many more distinguished people.

I understand that developers and the skills of developers is not a
choice here, so if it will be C, so be it. But I think the arguments
given before are quite moo-moo.

--
Hui Zhou