Narrowing it down [Was: Name for the new tool]

James Robertson jwrober at linuxfromscratch.org
Sat Dec 18 18:57:22 PST 2004

Jeremy Huntwork wrote:

> 3) ALFS - I still feel that the tool's name should be different from the
> whole project's name, but if we are bent on going this way, I'd prefer
> that the name of the tool simply be alfs, since again, for the sake of
> redundancy, this isn't really the 2nd of anything.

I am still completely confused as to why you keep saying that it is not
the second version of anything.  What am I missing that you guys are
talking about on IRC that is not making it to the list?  The SRS makes
it very clear that nALFS2 (as it is called there) is the logical
progression of the tool, hence the 2 in its name.  What is all this
stuff about not using any code and starting from scratch and using what
ever moongoo is.  AFAICT moongoo is a POC of using the book as profile
and nothing more.  I am not interested in the simple syntax to describe
the build commands or anything else that is being concocted in there.

Someone either needs to edit the SRS from scratch to get this stuff in
there so we can talk about it, or quit saying anything about it.

James