Narrowing it down [Was: Name for the new tool]

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Fri Dec 17 08:27:24 PST 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

>Jeremy Huntwork wrote
>

>You asked for a vote *and* comments. I voted and commented. You don't
>like my comments so you chastise me for them.
>
>Next time, don't ask for comments if you don't really want any.
>
>And when I ask for comments about the BLFS stuff and you tell me
>my ideas are shitty, then I'll take a close look and see if I can't
>make it better. If I didn't want folks to express their thoughts, I
>wouldn't ask.

Didn't you ever learn that it's not what you say, but how you say it?
That's all I was asking. You could have expressed the same ideas without
the same attitude.  And I'd never tell you your ideas are worthless.
All I would do is say that I prefer another way for such-and-such
reason. A little tact goes a long way.

--
Jeremy Huntwork