Narrowing it down [Was: Name for the new tool]

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Fri Dec 17 08:11:49 PST 2004

Randy McMurchy wrote:

>Of these choices, IMHO, the only reasonable choice is ALFS.
>
>lit - An acronym that nobody knows, will know and really doesn't
>stand for anything.

I *told* you what it stood for and if we choose it, we'll continue to
tell people what it means. Besides, there's tons of widely used projects
that don't immediately signify anything to the end user.  Mozilla, GNU,
Grub are just a few that come to mind - sure they mean something, and
often when you visit their sites, you're told, but it's not apparent at
first use.

>If anything it should be lfsit. "Lit and
>energized", please....
>
>Alfred - Please....

Randy, you've made your choice, and expressed an opinion that you are
totally entitled to.  Now, can you please do it without being
disparaging or condescending?  Do you see me coming over to your project
and criticizing harshly ideas that you have?  Your attitude here was
totally uncalled for.  Next time show some consideration, or don't post
at all.

--
Jeremy Huntwork