Name for the new tool

Jeremy Huntwork jeremy at jenacon.net
Thu Dec 16 11:16:53 PST 2004

Jamie Bennett wrote:

>Boris Buegling wrote on 16 December 2004 14:25
>

>>Mornin',
>>

>Afternoon ;)
>

>>we are just trying to decide on a name for new ALFS tool. The folks who
>>are in #alfs-dev agreed that nALFS2 wouldn't be an accurate name,
>>because the tool is not based on the old nALFS and Neven isn't a part of
>>the team anymore. We'd also want a non-mooLFS name for change :)
>>
>>My person top 5:
>>
>>1) Moongoo (obvious, wasn't it?)
>>2) cALFSkin (still mooLFS, but punny)
>>3) lair (Linux Automated Installation Ressource)
>>4) amass (Automated Manipulation of ALFS Simple Syntax or Automatic
>>Moongoo Alterations of Super Squirrels)
>>5) assparser (ALFS simple syntax parser)
>>
>>Any comments are welcome.
>>

>I think 2 is a bit naff and 5 is just not really possible. Personally don't
>like lair so from the 5 it would be Moongoo or amass. Out of the two, amass
>seems more professional although I'm not convinced its the right choice. I'd
>like to see something that isn't part of an acronym.

To be honest, I quite agree with you. Any other suggestions? ;)

Just recalling a few other things that were thrown in:

amps - ALFS Master Parsing System (or a variation, AMP - ALFS Management
Program)

accedo - Latin for 'to be added'

cura - Latin for management

Alfred - (as in a butler that cares for all your needs ;) )

--
Jeremy Huntwork